Cold Weather CrownCoat is a brushable, elastomeric coating that, when cured, forms a flexible waterproof membrane designed to repair and protect chimney crowns from moisture intrusion. The unique Freeze-Cure™ technology in Cold Weather CrownCoat allows the product to cure naturally in above freezing temperatures or to undergo accelerated “freeze-curing” in below freezing temperatures.
Cold Weather CrownCoat is easy to apply with a 3″ or 4″ brush. Cold Weather CrownCoat requires no mixing or special bonding agents, and the compounds are solvent free and will not harm the environment.
Cold Weather CrownCoat can be used wherever a long-lasting, exterior water-proof membrane is needed, such as on chimney crowns, chimney corbels, tops of masonry, or parapet walls. Cold Weather CrownCoat can be customer colored with small amounts of standard mortar dye. If dyes are used, transfer material to be colored from the original container into a clean mixing container. Add mortar dye one or two drops at a time, and mix with a trowel or paddle mixer and drill until desired color is reached.
•10 Year Warranty
•Can Be Used In Temperatures to -40° F
•Easy Brush-On Application
•Ready to Use
•Water Based/Environmentally Friendly
- Approx. 28 sq. ft. per gallon depending on thickness of application
- Available Sizes: 1 gallon pails
- Minimum -40° F and above
- Application Method: 3″ – 4″ Paint Brush
- Curing Time: 40° F and above: 4 hours approx., 40° F down to 32° F: 24 hours approx., 32° F down to -40° F: 4 hours approx.
- Cleanup: Remove Cold Weather CrownCoat from tools immediately after each use by scrubbing with a brush and water.