Up to 8% of home heating costs can exit through a fireplace chimney with an open or damaged damper. A tight fitting, gasketed chimney damper will help stop heat loss. It's like replacing old leaky storm windows with a tight-sealing energy-efficient window.You'll save money and stay warmer!ModelSizeFits Inside Flue Sizes8 " x 8"7" x 7" to 10" x 10"8" x 17"7" x 15" to 10" x 18"9" x 13"7" x 10" to 10" x 13"13" x 13"10" x 10" to 13" x 13"13" x 18"10" x 15" to 13" x 18"18" x 18"15" x 15" to 18" x 18"
Each damper kit includes:
- 30' cable which can be cut to adjust for perfect fit
- Fireplace bracket and cool-touch spring handle
- Mounting adhesive and hardware
- 50' cable for taller chimneys
THE ENERGY TOP Damper is made for use only with open woodburning masonry fireplace chimneys and are NOT suitable for use in these installations:
The features and benefits of the Energy Top Damper:
- Don't use on chimneys serving vented gas logs. Vented gas logs require the fireplace damper to be removed completely or fixed to a permanently open position; this is to assure that soot, fumes and carbon monoxide do not enter your home.
- Use only on vent-free gas logs if approved by the appliance manufacturer and the local authority having jurisdiction. However, we don't recommend it because the moisture generated from the gas logs could damage the chimney structure.
- Don't use on chimneys serving other fuels, wood stoves or other appliances such as inserts, furnaces, etc.
- Four Season Protection for your chimney. When closed, the damper seals in your heat and air-conditioning while preventing the entry of birds, animals and insects.
- Serves as a chimney cap when closed
- Replaces leaky throat dampers
- Easily accessible handle mounts inside of fireplace
- Precision engineered mechanism is easier to open and close than throat dampers
- The practical solution to upgrading fireplace chimneys in older homes that never had a damper installed previously.
- Constructed of stainless steel and aluminum so components will not rust or corrode
- Always opens to a pre-set height
- Defaults to open position for maximum safety
- Lifetime Warranty
- The Energy Top Damper has the tightest seal in the industry - uniquely using a refrigerator type gasket.
- The Energy Top+ features a stainless steel spark arrestor chimney cap.
The Energy Top Damper should always be in the open position when the fire is burning and until all embers are completely out.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Works great!
Not only does the product work and work well but the salesman was very easy to deal with on the phone, even resolving a issue where the product image and the product description did not match. (They do now)
Price Value Quality